NASA and the Silicon Valley Chapter of the Association of Unmanned Vehicle Systems International will cosponsor the 2015 Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Traffic Management Convention: A New Era in Aviation. The event will be held Tuesday, July 28 through Thursday, July 30, at NASA’s Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, California.
Members of the media may register to cover the convention activities at:
Keynote speakers at the event include:
- Jaiwon Shin, associate administrator for NASA’s Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate in Washington
- Parimal Kopardekar, project manager for NASA’s Safe Autonomous System Operations and principal investigator for UAS Traffic Management at Ames
- Edward L. Bolton, Jr., assistant administrator for the Federal Aviation Administration’s Next Generation Air Transportation System in Washington
- Gur Kimchi, vice president and co-founder of Prime Air for Amazon in Seattle
- Dave Vos, lead for Project Wing at Google in Mountain View, California
- Helder Antunes, senior vice president of the Technology Group at Cisco in San Jose, California
Sessions will examine the crossover between research, development and air traffic management, and highlight the latest issues, advancements and opportunities in the aviation industry. Exhibits and flight demonstrations will feature the latest developments in unmanned aircraft systems technology, to better understand how they will affect the future of low-altitude flight.
Participants, including representatives from the UAS community, industry, conventional aviation, government and academia. Attendees will discuss the latest developments in unmanned aerial systems technology, solutions for privacy concerns and issues, safety and security, and the future impact of low-altitude flight on the emerging business sector.
The convention also includes a public day where registered guests will have the opportunity to listen to experts and share comments that will help deﬁne future goals to ensure UAS safety and acceptance in everyday applications.
Source: Press Release